Accountant - DUTIES
An Accountant is sought by a company distributing a full range of trims, accessories, threads, notions, beauty and nail art materials, and arts and crafts products in Los Angeles, CA to perform the following duties:
* Prepare, examine, and analyze Dara Inc.'s financial statements and accounting records for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with laws, regulations and accounting standards;
* Assist with Dara Inc.'s timely and compliant tax preparation and payment;
* Audit account books and systems periodically for efficiency and compliance with accepted accounting procedures;
* Maintain and examine business documents and government records for accuracy and compliance;
* Organize and maintain other financial records including month end accounts, bank reconciliation and internal control of Dara Inc.'s assets;
* Assess financial operations to suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profitability;
* Forecast cash flow positions, financial statement, and budget;
* Analyze financial data including all accounts to assist in business planning and budget preparation;
* Prepare periodic oral and written reports to the management about company finances. 10. Analyze financial information as required by the management including financial strength of potential new business opportunities; and
* Develop, implement, modify and document recordkeeping and accounting systems for efficiency, compliance, and making use of current computer technology.
Required Skills and Qualities:
* Must have a Master’s Degree in Accounting;
* Must have at least six months accounting related experience;
* Deep understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks;
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytic skills; and
* Self-motivated and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position.
The salary is $ 65,520 per year.
Supervisor, International Commerce (fashion accessories)
Min 4 years’ experience in Job Offered OR Alternative Occupation: Sales Management (fashion accessories)
Prior experience must include negotiation with international suppliers and planning for marketing presentations (no minimum period required for each)
Directs activities of the non-professional staff of 3 persons in areas of inventory and transportation, overseas purchasing, local service, and trade show participation. Selects transportation providers, reviews terms for competitive pricing, maintains records on timeliness of deliveries. Handles or delegates routine dealings with overseas sources of fashion accessories. Negotiates terms and conditions for overseas accessories purchase contracts, subject to management specifications and parameters. Solves issues raised by customer complaints by authorizing refunds or other forms of compensation, subject to management approval. Supervises preparations for fashion trade show participation, where sales commitments from fashion purchasers are generally initiated. Recommends changes in procedures in areas supervised, subject to management review and approval.
40 hours per week; Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 5 P.M., Full Time (one-hour lunch break)
Job Location: Dara Inc. 3216 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Contact Person: Susan Hsu, H.R. Manager
Susan Hsu, H.R. Manager